This is a chart of my domestic electricity consumption for a fairly typical mid-winter weekday , Tuesday 9th February 2016.
Technically the chart is net consumption after PV generation, but in mid February my 4kW system will generate negligible energy.
My observations are:
- I have 6kW of storage heaters which come on at midnight. I am pleased to see that they only remained on initially for less than an hour. They appear to come on again sporadically through the night when they are on a low setting.
- I seem to use some electricity at 8-10am for breakfast and probably cups of tea.
- My consumption is then low until 7-8pm when cooking the evening meal starts
- At 8pm the time switch on my immersion heater comes on
- Later in the evening I have a bath and the immersion heater comes on again.
- I wonder if the clock in the Owl monitor was accurately set - perhaps the consumption around 11-12pm is in fact the storage heaters coming on again. it would also make sense for the breakfast blip to be a bit earlier.