Can you help me do it?
- If you have got an immersion heater, wire in a time switch to it. If in doubt get an electrician to do it.
- Use water heating appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines, or tumble dryers as little as possible from 3:30pm to 8:00pm, particularly 4:30 to 6:30pm
- If you can, hang washing up -outside or inside- rather than using a tumble dryer ; I was amazed how quickly clothes dry on an old fashioned ceiling mounted Victorian clothes dryer!
- If you are buying a new dishwasher, washing machine or tumble dryer, get one with a delay timer.
- If you have got a freezer, fit a plug-in time switch to it . A modern chest freezer can be left off for many hours without thawing the contents
- Fit time switches to devices with their own internal battery, such as laptop computers. They can be run for several hours without mains power.