The National Audit Office is questioning the value for money to consumers of Hinkley C.
What is the alternative?
- Not more solar or wind, which are intermittent or nonexistent at peak times
- Not more gas, which is a carbon emitter.
- Not more hydro, there aren't enough rivers or mountains in UK
- Undersea links to the continent, i.e. let someone else worry about it
- Storage, which is expensive and some say carbon emitting
- Time-shifting, as I've always said
Simple but not easy unless we all do our bit. Tens of thousands are already doing it, are you?